TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Sophy Love is a matchmaking service based in Carlsbad, CA that provides quality introductions and curates fun dating experiences for their selective Clients seeking a serious relationship.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of this Agreement. This might be required because of changes in the applicable laws, changes in our business practices or the incorporation of new services.
We will notify you with reasonable means such as emails, if any change materially affects your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
By electing to continue using our Services following the implementation of these changes, you will be considered bound by the updated version of the Terms of this Agreement.
You agree that the terms of this Agreement shall supersede any prior agreements and shall govern the entire relationship between Sophy Love and you, including but not limited to events, agreements, and any conduct preceding your acceptance of this Agreement.
In order to become a Client or Member of Sophy Love and use our Matchmaking Services, you must be at least 18 years old.
Summary of Terms
Confidentiality, honesty and trust is of paramount importance for us. Sophy Love distinguishes itself from other matchmaking websites for the high quality services we offer and the success stories of our Clients.
There is a Confidentiality of Information Clause to your contract with us.
When you use our Services, you represent and confirm that you:
- Are single (or are separated from your spouse);
- All the Details you have provided are truthful, accurate and complete;
- Are looking for a sincere relationship;
- Do not have any criminal convictions;
- Neither are an employee of any other matchmaking company, nor are you affiliated personally or professionally with other matchmaking companies or agencies.
You are prohibited from:
- Deliberately or recklessly harming the reputation of Sophy Love or the reputation of any Client and Member of Sophy Love, and from making defamatory or disparaging statements publicly available;
- Making defamatory or negative statements (either verbally or in writing) about Sophy Love, the services we provide or any Client and Member of Sophy Love to any Third Party;
- Disclosing Confidential Information to any Third Party (and you will take the utmost care to keep Confidential Information secure and protected and to ensure that you do not inadvertently disclose Confidential Information);
- Causing a nuisance, inconvenience or anxiety to any Client, Member or employee of Sophy Love, or contact them after they have explicitly notified you that they do not wish any further communication.
- Acting in an abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, libelous, offensive, sexist, racist or discriminatory manner towards any Client, Member and employee of Sophy Love.
- Obstructing anyone else from using and enjoying Sophy Love’s services
- Impersonating another person;
- Using our services for any commercial purpose such as to promote products or services to other Clients and Members;
- Providing us with any photograph or other material the copyright in which belongs to a Third Party.
Sophy Love shall terminate the Agreement at any time immediately without notice to you, shall erase your data and prohibit you from using again our Services, if:
- You have provided us with materially misleading and false information about yourself,
- You have breached any of the terms of this Agreement.
- Sophy Love reserves all the legal rights and remedies; it is entitled to without any prejudice.
- Sophy Love is committed to search for suitable Matches amongst its Clients and Members and may make a reasonable presentation of your Bio to potential Matches.
- You will respond promptly to communications from Sophy Love (no more than 7 days).
- You will inform Sophy Love of any changes to your Relationship, Financial and Professional Status as soon as possible.
- You have the right to terminate your Membership at any time for any reason by contacting Sophy Love.
- Every month you will receive a newsletter via email, which contains a link. By clicking on this link, you will have the option to terminate your relationship with Sophy Love and have your information erased from our databases.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that all information you submit to Sophy Love is truthful and accurate.
Sophy Love relies on the integrity and accuracy of the information and details provided by our Clients and Members. We respect your privacy and we do not conduct background checks except for performing routine verification checks using public information available online.
You acknowledge that Sophy Love cannot guarantee the outcome of the date you may have or the success of a resulting relationship; we cannot control the response that other Clients or Members may have after a potential introduction of your Bio to them.
You agree to give feedback to Sophy Love about your dating experiences and interaction with your Matches. This feedback will help us to improve our services and increase your chances to find your perfect Match.
We are not responsible for the interactions you might have with other Clients and Members or for the behavior or actions of any other Client and Member.
Sophy Love does not conduct Criminal or Background Checks and makes no warranty or representation about the marital status, mental state and criminal record of any member.
You agree to use caution in all interactions with other Clients and Members, when you decide to communicate or meet them in person. You must take reasonable precautions including but not limited to arranging any meeting in a public place and not providing your financial information, for example, your credit card or bank account details, or wire or otherwise send money, to other Clients and Members.
Sophy Love has no responsibility to arbitrate in disputes between Members.
You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sophy Love, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of our Services, or your breach of this Agreement.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
You agree that Sophy Love will store in its servers and process your personal information (including any sensitive personal information) in order to provide you with high quality Services, communicate with you and for marketing, statutory and accounting purposes.
All Clients and Members undertake to keep confidential the private information they received regarding other Clients and Members, their interactions with other Clients and Members, the Matchmaking and Dating Services they receive from Sophy Love. All Clients and Members agree that they will not use the information of another Client and Member, and Sophy Love Services for any unlawful, nefarious or criminal purpose.
Sophy Love will exercise its rights to terminate the Membership of any Client and Member, who breaches the obligations of confidentiality and reserves the right to take any legal action to enforce these obligations. All Clients and Members possess equal rights to initiate any legal action against other Clients and Members, who breach the terms of this Agreement.
Sophy Love reserves all copyright, trademark and any other intellectual property rights in any materials or content that is part of the Sophy Love Website and the Services provided to you. You are strictly prohibited from copying or distributing or making public any such materials or content except for your own personal non-commercial use. Sophy Love reserves the right to take such legal action as may be appropriate to stop or prevent infringement of such rights.
No failure or delay on the part of any Party in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms shall constitute a waiver of, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or privilege preclude, any other or further exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
The Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of, and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California.